Neatly maintained and delicious fast and sporty J/Boats J/109, NKE equipment renewed in 2015, large sailing wardrobe, life raft, boiler, showerGENERALRudder: spade rudderSteering system: Edson steering position with a double-spoke steering wheel, covered with (old) leatherWindows: Lewmar deck hatches (with small cracks - but not leaking) and Moonlight portholes (with mosquito screens)Other: • The ship is built of GRP (glass reinforced plastic) with a balsa core.
• By means of the so-called SCRIMP molding process (a vacuum technique which makes the ship and deck are 50% stronger compared to traditional laminating methods).
• This construction method ensures a very stiff ship with a water displacement of just under 4.9 tons.
• The counterweight is over 1,7 tons and is inside the bulb keel.
• The keel has been disassembled a few years ago, after which the bottom of the hull has been slightly strengthened and the keel has been reassembled (Not due to a damage or grounding).
• The ship has 2 water tanks, each about 85 liters, for an ideal weight distribution mounted under the benches on port side and starboard side at the height of the keel.
• The spacious cockpit locker is accessible from both the cockpit and the bathroom.
• The dock box, which stands over the entire width of the aft side of the cockpit, is removable.
• Flush hull penetrations, except from the holding tank.
• The old layers of antifouling were removed from the underwater hull in 2017, after which a new primer layer and a layer of antifouling were applied.
• The ship has been ashore twice a year, once to clean the underwater hull and once to sand down the old self-sharpening antifouling layer and apply a new layer of antifouling after cleaning.
• Well maintained and very complete J/109. The J/109 is a pleasant, stable and fast sailor.
• This very fully equipped J/109 is a wonderful sporty cruiser (which is easy to use with a small crew) and also very suitable as a competition boat.
• The 1st (Dutch) owner had bought the ship during the Cannes Boat Show and had the ship at his home in the South of France. The ship was then as a Cruiser equipped and did only a few sailing trips, so it was very little used. After a few years, the ship was sold to the 2nd owner. In the beginning it was used as a cruiser and then more and more participated in sailing regattas. The ship participated in the Fastnet Race in 2007 and 2009 and was bought shortly afterwards by the current Dutch (so third) owner in 2009. In the first years the ship was sailed mainly as a cruiser and after that the owner regularly participated in sailing competitions, even now-a-days does. Jitters has achieved good results in the last ffew years.
• The complete history of the ship is present.
ACCOMMODATIONMaterial, colours: teak and white panels Curtains: GreenCabins: Front and aft cabinBerths: 4 - 6Cooker & fuel: EnoOther: • Maintenance-free white Sky upholstery in the saloon.
• Green Alcantara mattresses.
• All wooden parts of the interior are varnished or laminated with white formica.
• Pendulum tarpaulins at the saloon settees and in the aft cabin.
• On board WIFI and coupling with IPAD/IPHONE.
• There are 6 aluminium opening windows in the superstructure, 3 in the rear cabin, 2 in the toilet/shower.
• The waste water from the toilet and shower can either be collected overboard or in the waste water tank and can be emptied at each port at the designated place or pumped into open water.
• 2019 : Toilet hoses renewed.
ENGINE, ELECTRICS, WATERPower: / 14.17 kWPropulsion: 2 blade MaxPropWater system: (electric)Hot water: boiler (heated via the engine or via 220 Volt shore power)Water tank & material: (2x approx. 85 litres)Shorepower: with a circuit breakerFuel tank gauge: recently renewedOther: • The engine has been professionally maintained annually.
• Saildrive membrane replaced in 2015.
• Volvo maintenance package.
• Victron Battery Monitor.
• 1x 12 Volt and 1x 220 Volt socket at the card table.
RIG AND SAILSSpars, stays: white Sparcraft mast and a white boom with a Navros rigged boomvang, Rod Rigging stays (replaced in 2018), hydraulic Navtec backstay tensionerWinches: Harken : 2x 46.2 AST and 2x 40.2 ASTSails material: 3di, Dacron, Smoked KevlarGenoa: 1x North Sails : 3DI Endurance Class Genoa (2016), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 3 (2006), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 4 (2006), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 3 (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 2 (2002)Jib: 1x North Sails : Norlan Grey Class Jib (2019), 1x Hagoort : High Aspect Jib (2009)Furling foresail: Harken furling jib systemGennaker: 1x Ulm Sails : A2 Asymetric Gennaker (2017), 1x Hagoort : A4 Asymetric Gennaker (2007), 1x Elvstrom : A2 Gennaker (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Nylon Gennaker approx. 120m2 (2002)Other: • 2009 : Hagoort : Code zero.
• Snuffer for the gennaker.
• Extendable carbon gennaker bowsprit.
• Harken Mainsheet with fine tune system.
• Harken Mainsheet track, which is easy to operate from the cockpit edges.
• Harken Genoarails with adjustable blocks and matching Harken fittings.
• Spinlock halyard jammers.
• Taupe North Sails mainsail cover.
• Genoa cover.
• Footrails for the mast.
• 2018 : Dyneema halyards.
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICSOther: • Night lighting at the chart table.
• Multiplexer to connect navigation software or tablet via on board wifi.
• 2015 : NKE Processor.
• 2015 : 2x NKE Multigraphic Display above the cabin input and 1x NKE Multigraphic Display starboard next to the cabin input.
• 2015 : NKE TL25 Mast Display.
• 2015 : NKE remote controls and 3x MOB sensor.
• Emergency antenna for the VHF.
• Iiyama Screen at the chart table, where a Laptop can be connected.
EQUIPMENTSwimming ladder: stainless steel (removable and can be mounted on the stern)Swimming platform: open sternSea rails, pushpit, pullpit: stainless steel stantions with double wired guard railsOther: • Removable anchor fittings.
• Removable Lagun cockpit table.
SAFETYRadar reflector: EchomaxGas bottle locker with drain: Gas hoses and gas pressure regulator need to be renewedOther: • Lifeline.
• 2x Safety line.
• Emergency tiller.
• Stainless steel life-lines.