Neatly maintained and delicious fast and sporty J/Boats J/109, NKE equipment renewed in 2015, large sailing wardrobe, life raft, boiler, showerGENERALRudder: spade rudderSteering system: steering position with a double-spoke steering wheel, covered with (old) leatherWindows: Lewmar deck hatches (with small cracks - but not leaking) and Moonlight portholesOther: • The ship is built of GRP (glass reinforced plastic) with a balsa core.
• By means of the so-called SCRIMP molding process (a vacuum technique which makes the ship and deck 50% stronger compared to traditional laminating methods).
• This construction makes for a very stiff ship with a water displacement of just under 4.9 tons. The counterweight is over 1,7 tons and the bulb keel is fitted.
• The keel has been disassembled a few years ago, after which the plane has been slightly strengthened and the keel has been reassembled.
• The ship has 2 water tanks, each about 85 liters, for an ideal weight distribution mounted under the benches on port and starboard side at the height of the keel.
• The spacious cockpit is accessible from both the cockpit and the bathroom.
• The coffin, which stands over the entire width of the aft side of the cockpit, is removable.
• Flush hull penetrations, except from the holding tank.
• In 2017 the old layers of antifouling were removed from the underwater hull, after which a new primer layer and a layer of antifouling were applied.
• The ship has been ashore twice a year, once to clean the underwater hull and once to sand down the old self-sharpening antifouling layer and apply a new layer of antifouling after cleaning.
• Well maintained and very complete J/109. The J/109 is a pleasant, stable and fast sailor.
• This J is very complete and both suitable as a competision boat, but the boat is also easy to use with a small crew as a fast cruiser.
• The ship is since 2009 of the current and third owner. The 1st owner has used the ship very little and the 2nd owner has sailed the Fastnet Race twice. The current owner has regularly participated in sailing races and is still doing so.
• The complete history of the ship is present.
ACCOMMODATIONMaterial, colours: teak and white panels Curtains: GreenCabins: Front and aft cabinBerths: 4 - 6Cooker & fuel: EnoOther: • Maintenance-free white Sky upholstery in the saloon.
• Green Alcantara mattresses.
• All wooden parts of the interior are varnished or laminated with white formica.
• Pendulum tarpaulins at the saloon settees and in the aft cabin.
• On board WIFI and coupling with IPAD/IPHONE.
• There are 6 aluminium opening windows in the superstructure, 3 in the rear cabin, 2 in the toilet/shower.
• The waste water from the toilet and shower can either be collected overboard or in the waste water tank and can be emptied at each port at the designated place or pumped into open water.
• 2019 : Toilet hoses renewed.
ENGINE, ELECTRICS, WATERPower: / 14.17 kWPropulsion: 2 blade MaxPropWater system: (electric)Hot water: boiler (heated via the engine or via 220 Volt shore power)Water tank & material: (2x approx. 85 litres)Shorepower: with a circuit breakerFuel tank gauge: recently renewedOther: • The engine has been professionally maintained annually.
• Saildrive membrane replaced in 2015.
• Volvo maintenance package.
• Victron Battery Monitor.
• 1x 12 Volt and 1x 220 Volt socket at the card table.
RIG AND SAILSSpars, stays: white Sparcraft mast and a white boom with a Navros rigged boomvang, Rod Rigging stays (replaced in 2018), hydraulic Navtec backstay tensionerWinches: Harken : 2x 46.2 AST and 2x 40.2 ASTGenoa: 1x North Sails : 3DI Endurance Class Genoa (2016), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 3 (2006), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 4 (2006), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 3 (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 2 (2002)Jib: 1x North Sails : Norlan Grey Class Jib (2019), 1x Hagoort : High Aspect Jib (2009)Furling foresail: Harken furling jib systemGennaker: 1x Ulm Sails : A2 Asymetric Gennaker (2017), 1x Hagoort : A4 Asymetric Gennaker (2007), 1x Elvstrom : A2 Gennaker (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Nylon Gennaker approx. 120m2 (2002)Other: • 2009 : Hagoort : Code zero.
• Snuffer for the gennakers.
• Extendable carbon gennaker bowsprit.
• Harken Mainsheet with fine tune system.
• Harken Mainsheet track, which is easy to operate from the cockpit edges.
• Harken Genoarails with adjustable blocks and matching Harken fittings.
• Spinlock halyard jammers.
• Taupe North Sails mainsail cover.
• Genoa cover.
• Footrails for the mast.
• 2018 : Dyneema halyards.
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICSOther: • Night lighting at the chart table.
• 2015 : NKE Processor.
• 2015 : 2x NKE Multigraphic Display above the cabin input and 1x NKE Multigraphic Display starboard next to the cabin input.
• 2015 : NKE TL25 Mast Display.
• 2015 : NKE remote controls and 3x MOB sensor.
• Emergency antenna for the VHF.
EQUIPMENTSwimming ladder: stainless steelSwimming platform: open sternSea rails, pushpit, pullpit: stainless steel stantions with double wired guard railsOther: • Removable anchor fittings.
• Removable Lagun cockpit table.
SAFETYRadar reflector: EchomaxGas bottle locker with drain: Gas hoses and gas pressure regulator need to be renewedOther: • Lifeline.
• 2x Safety line.
• Emergency tiller.
• Stainless steel life-lines.