Distinguished quality yacht from renowned Nordia yard, in well maintained conditionThe Nordia 55 Cruiser 'Sanna' is a third-generation Nordia 55 yacht, built by the renowned Royal Van Dam Shipyard. In contrast to the second generation (1999-2005), where only the superstructure styling differs from the first generation (1994-1998), Sanna offers a new and more effective hull and keel shapes, as well as a newly designed superstructure. Her hull and keel shape incorporate contemporary understandings in hydrodynamic efficiency. The long fin-keel, with substantial bulb and a proper NACA hydrodynamic profile, offer better sailing performance to windward. The contemporary superstructure with larger windows allows for a lighter interior and a panoramic view from the raised saloon. Naturally, she is built to very high standards, almost unparalleled in this segment today. Sanna benefits from a recent refit. Currently moored in our sales marina, you are very much welcome for a viewing of this exceptional yacht.
GENERALRudder: Semi-balanced rudder, on half skegSteering system: Steering wheel in center cockpit, with Jeffa rods transmissionWindows: Aluminum window frames and deck hatches. Stainless steel hull portlightsOther: The Nordia 55' Cruiser 'Sanna' is a fine example of a third-generation Nordia 55 yacht, built by the Royal Van Dam Nordia Shipyard, to highest Dutch standards. In contrast to the second generation (1999-2005), where only the superstructure styling differs from the first generation (1994-1998), this third-generation yacht has new and more effective hull and keel shapes, as well as a newly designed superstructure. Her new hull and keel shapes incorporate contemporary understandings in hydrodynamic efficiency, with broader and flatter stern sections for improved return of bow-wave energy and downwind control. The long fin-keel has a substantial bulb and a proper NACA hydrodynamic profile that in combination give better sailing performance to windward. Another example of the latter is the Jefa torque-rod transmission replaced a wire and sheeve transmission system for more reliable steering control that has less play, and is maintenance free. The Jefa system also allows the autopilot drive to be located in the engine-room.The contemporary and improved superstructure with larger windows allows for a lighter interior and a panoramic view from the raised saloon.
The evolution of design is well summarised in the Yard?s own words: ?She features a more modern hull design for better performance and more rounded curves in the superstructure for a modern look. The wider beam than the previous 55? Nordia Cruisers allows for additional deck storage, including a locker in the side deck. The new interior layout offers panoramic views through the large windows. Nordia yachts are designed by in-house naval architect Robert van Dam and his team. We combine the best of modern and time-honoured methods to offer the finest aluminium yachts with the highest possible degree of seaworthiness. The quality of Van Dam Nordia Shipyard was rewarded in 2006 by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix with a Royal Seal.?
Sanna, built to be easy to sail by a crew of two, now belongs to her second owner, who has carefully maintained the yacht with periodic maintenance and replacements when necessary. It goes without saying that the yacht has been built to a very high Nordia standard, which is hard to find in this segment today. To ensure that the yacht is kept in the best possible condition, to the standard of a Van Dam Nordia, the yacht has recently undergone a modest refit:
• Teak deck completely checked and re-caulked, with new mounting of deck fittings
• Hull repainted in 'Flag Blue' Awlgrip
• Superstructure repainted in 'Off Whte' Awlgrip
• Clear coat parts newly painted
• Deck hatches renovated
• Primary anchor cleaned and galvanized again
• Antifouling underwater ship (2021)
Sanna was built by the Royal Van Dam Shipyard in Aalsmeer and was launched in Spring 2006, with the commissioning of the finished yacht on the 2nd of June 2006. The hull was built at Gouwerok B.V. - a high quality yard that specialises in building aluminium hulls for respected yards such as Vitters, Feadship, and others - after which the hull was taken to the Van Dam yard.
• Welding X-rayed according to classification society guidelines.
• Built up from aluminum Alloy AL Mg 4.5 Mn (5083), with keel sole of 20 mm, keel sides of 8 mm and hull of 6 mm.
• Deck and superstructure made of 5 mm Alloy Al Mg 4.5 Mn (5083).
• Lead ballast, 8,000 kg was integrated into airtight and watertight keel compartments.
ACCOMMODATIONMaterial, colours: Beautifully crafted, handmade interior from mahogany, with gilded fittingsSaloons: Raised settee with table in saloon with panoramic view. Large galley in passage to starboard, secretaire and side table with armchairs in lower saloon.Cabins: Two cabin layout, with owner's cabin aft and guest cabin forward.Berths: Permanent fixed 4. Beautiful owner's cabin and comfortable guest cabin. Guest cabin can be converted into a four-berth cabin. All six berths provided with lee cloths.Cooker & fuel: Siemens ceramic stove, in custom made gimballed housingOther: The interior, with its sublime finish, also meets Van Dam quality when it comes to building luxurious, extremely seaworthy, offshore yachts. The interior is well thought out, exudes absolute class, and is replete with beautiful custom made solutions throughout. Yet it is practical as well, particularly during longer crossings. One detail that is not immediately noticeable, but is a clear example of quality construction, is the interior is separated by dampers from the hull; suspended, as if floating within the hull itself. This intricate construction is to prevent resonance, or direct sound, from the hull as much as possible. The result is an extraordinarily quiet interior, while under sail or power.
Upon entering the yacht you will find the beautiful raised settee, on port side. In combination with the large windows in the deckhouse, the raised saloon offers excellent outside views. The outboard settee pulls out to make a comfortable sea berth. To starboard, one level lower in the forward saloon, is a small table with two comfortable armchairs for those moments when a bit more peace and privacy is desired. A practical touch is that this space can also be used for navigating by rotating one of the arm chairs to face a chart table. Naturally, you will find beautifully finished cupboard space throughout the saloon. From the lower saloon there is access underneath the raised settee to a great deal of storage space. In addition this large space is also dedicated to built-in technical systems and the ship?s battery banks.
It goes without saying that a yacht of this class has a splendid owner's cabin in the stern, with a centre-line double berth, abundant storage, and an en-suite heads containing a toilet, basin, and shower-stall. The owner's cabin is accessible from the saloon through a spacious linear galley. To welcome guests onboard and offer them comfort and privacy, the yacht also has a beautiful forward cabin with an en-suite heads also containing a toilet, basin, and shower stall. The forward cabin offers the possibility of an additional two beautifully designed, yet functional bunkbeds, which can be removed. All six berths are fitted with lee cloths.
All deck hatches, in the staterooms and elsewhere, are fitted with custom-made sliding-panel blinds and sliding-panel mosquito screens. These beautifully crafted pairs of screens are individually adjustable, separately or in combination, and are integrated into the mahogany hatch rebates. Six Dorade vents, extraction fans in each heads, and eleven opening hull ports (with removable mosquito screens), provide additional ventilation.
• Fitted galley items such as crockery, glassware, fitted pots ans pans, etc. will remain on board, but are not guaranteed to be complete.
ENGINE, ELECTRICS, WATERPropulsion: 700 mm Max-PropDynamo: Bi-polar alternator on engine 24VWaste water tank: Waste water tank 150 liters & Black-water 2x 100 litersShorepower: Shore power with two isolation transformersOther: Despite the yacht's extensive technical equipment, the installations are clearly arranged. Each system is easily accessible, making maintenance easy to carry out. As one would expect, the engine room is also optimally insulated.
• Oil and filters changed every year, with a check on raw water impellers fan-belts, etc., with replacement when necessary
• Check injectors (replaced of nozzles at 2,589 hours).
• Valve clearance check every 1,000 hours
• Periodic cleaning/replacement of fuel filters
• Coolant replaced periodically
• Fuel filters checked and replaced according to maintenance schedule
• Replacement of oil and filters every year
• Anode and impeller checked each year and replaced if necessary
• Replacement of coolant periodically.
• Fuel filter changed as per maintenance schedule
• Service battery bank of 24V-360Ah (4x12V x 180Ah)
• Power battery bank of 24V-360Ah (4x12V-180Ah)
• 24V-85Ah starter battery bank (2x 12V-85Ah)
• 2x Mastervolt Mass 24V/75Ah for service batteries and for power bank)
• 2x Masterlink BTM III battery monitor and 2x Masterview MkII monitor control panel.
• 1x Fraron Electronics automatic charger for strater batteries
• Pure Sine Wave 200S-24E / 2000 Watt Inverter: max input 14V-120A and peak output 230V 4000 Watt, with 10 minutes continuous output of 2200 Watt.
• Mastervolt Magic 24/12-20A 24VDC to 12VDC inverter
• 2x Mastervolt isolation transformer: Mastervolt Mass GI 3.5 Islotaion Transformer (7.0 kVA total), with Mastervolt Hull Isolation Control
• Spare propeller for main engine
• Spare parts for Both Onan genset and Perkins main engine
• Other spare parts, such as fuses, spare light globes, service kit for toilets, etc.
RIG AND SAILSSailplan type: Top rigWinches: LewmarSails material: Hood Sails woven PolyesterGenoa: Hood Cross Cut furling genoaFurling foresail: Reckmann hydraulic furling systemGennaker: Multi Purpose Spinnaker/Gennaker with squeezer and Carbon spinnaker poleNumber of masts: HallSpars MastsOther: • Hall Spars alumnium mast section with Reckmann hydraulic in-mast furling system
• Hall Spars boom, with boom vang
• Dyform 12 mm stainless steel rigging and Rod-rigging forestay
• Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioner
• Reckmann hydraulically operated roller reefing on Rod forestay
• 2x Lewmar 64 CHST electrical genoa winches
• 1x Lewmar 44CST main sheet winch
• 2x Lewmar 48 CST secondary winches
• 2x Lewmar 44CST hand winches for halyards
• 1x Andersen spinnaker line driver
• Lewmar Hydraulic Commander, with 5 control functions
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICSOther: • Fasnet Radio FMD55P (Navtex, GRIB weather files etc. The FMD was returned to Fastnet Radio in 2018 for a service, which included replacemnet of the electronic information battery.
EQUIPMENTAnchor windlass: Lewmar 3000 electric capstan, with new motorSwimming ladder: Custom made stainless steel swim ladder, with teak steps.Sea rails, pushpit, pullpit: Custom built high gloss stainless steel scepters, of 70 cm height. Stainless steel chairs in aft pushpits.Davits: Custom, aluminum davits, overhauled in 2020Other: • Stainless steel/teak retractable gangway/passerelle, electric-hydraulic operated with wireless remote control
• Teak deck overtaken with new rubbers in 2020
• Davits overtaken.
• Large storage space in port gangway, for bicycles etc.
• Multi Function bimini on sprayhood, with two positions: a lower position for under sail and a higher 'port position'. Side panels, to be used as cockpit tent
• Cushions on railing, in teak seating in railing
• Large lateral storage locker in port side-deck, for storing bicycles, etc.
• Large and deep locker in foredeck, accesable by deckhatch
• Two spacious lockers in afterdeck.
• Cockpit cushion set, with backrests
• Sun Awening reaching over boom
• Sun screens around Doghouse
• Two baloon fenders and new fender covers