Tanton 43 with cat Ketch rig make her effortless to handle, presented in lovely condition and been in her current ownership since 1996, fitted with a Beta BV1903 43HP Diesel allow her to cruise under motor at a pleasant speed, full navionics with Raymarine chart plotter with radar and tri data, also featuring wind instrument, other benefits on the electronics side inc Navtex and monitor windvane for long distance cruising, the sails and rigging are in excellent order with twin unstayed carbon masts set in stainless steel shoes at keel level, all of which was checked and re painted in 2011, we have listed below a more detailed inventory in bullet form.
Builder: Ta Chiao
Designer: Yves-Marie Tanton
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
LOA: 13.41 m
Beam: 4.0 m
Minimum Draft: 1.50 m
Maximum Draft: 1.50 m
Displacement: 9185 kgs
Headroom: 1.90 m
Total Power: 43 HP
Engine Brand: Beta
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: BV1903
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 43 HP
• BETA 43 model BV1903 - 1997
• Hurth HBW 125 Gearbox
• Traditional stuffing box seal refitted September 2014
• CENTA flexible drive 2014
• S/S shaft with fixed 3 bladed 17 ins prop
• Cutlass bearing replaced 2014
• Rope cutter
• Serviced annually
• 5 x 80Ah gel batteries ( three banks Engine, Navigation, Domestics
• Split charging
• Charge management booster
• 100 amp alternator with K drive belt (spare new alternator)
• Ampair 100 wind generator
• 40 amp battery charger
• Shore power systems with RCD and 240 volt available throughout
• Various power cable with a variety of adaptors
• Immersion heater and engine heated calorifier
• LED lights fitted throughout including red night lighting (2011)
• LED tricolor and anchor light (2011)
• Deck flood light (2011)
• Raymarine chartplotter/radar at helm and repeater at Navigation table - 2001.
• ICOM 802 SSB radio with automatic tuner (2001)
• ICOM 601 VHF (2001)
• Raymarine Wind instrument (2014) Speed Instrument (2014) Depth (2001)
• Raymarine Raystar 130 GPS (2014)
• ICS Nav6 Plus Navtex system (2014) with built in GPS
• Sestrel Binnacle compass major service 2014
• Raymarine ST 60 Depth(2001)
• Raymarine I50 Wind & Speed (2014)
• Handbearing compass
• Clock , thermometer and baromenter
• Cetrek Electric auto-helm
• Monitor windvane auto-helm for long distance cruising.
SAILS & RIGGING
• Twin unstayed carbon fibre masts set in stainless steel shoes at keel level. (Checked rewired and painted 2011). Fitted with s/s bands for radar, attachment of wishbones etc.
• Twin robustly built aluminium wishbone booms.
• Heavy duty Wilkinson Sails Main(Fore) and Mizzen(Aft) sails (2008)
• Packaway sail covers by Wilkinson Sails in Blue acrylic(2008)
• Staysail by Wilkinson Sails (2000)
• Twin Storm sails (1993?)
• All halyards and reefing lines lead back to the cockpit with clutches
SAFETY & ANCHORING
• Lifebuoy and light
• Life sling
• Jonbuoy Danbuoy with light (2013)
• 6 x Inflatable life jackets and lanyards plus 3 x childrens’ inflatable lifejackets and lanyards
• Plastimo 6 person Offshore liferaft in canister (Serviced November 2014 next service October 2017)
• Emergency steering system with large tiller
• Two electric bilge pumps
• Two hand operated twin Henderson bilge pumps (one in cockpit and one in saloon)
• Twin s/s safety lines
• Avon 2.6 inflatable floor tender with oars
• Honda 2.3 four stroke outboard
• Original stainless steel CQR type anchor and 100 metres of 100mm chain cable.
• Twin Bow rollers
• Anchorman 1200 electric capstan winch
• Delta anchor with chain and rope cable
• Light weight Danforth kedge anchor with chain and rope and special s/s anchor roller unit
• Also Bruce Anchor with chain and rope plus a CQR spare anchor
• Twin adjustable professional alloy legs with substantial hull fittings
• Large stern cockpit with fixed central unit containing engine controls and hinged flaps for a large secure cockpit table/ cockpit seat cushions.
• Three good sized side cockpit lockers and a large stern locker
• Twin 7kg gas bottles in dedicated drained locker with remote solenoid valve operated from the cooker
• Large cockpit drains
• Four winches. Mainly used when reefing and final setting of outhauls on sails. Wishbones are self tacking.
• Access to stern purpose designed stainless steel boarding ladder and boarding passerelle for stern-to mooring.
• Original teak boarding ladder port or starboard fix.
• Six Bowmar opening hatches and six opening small side windows
• Storm screens to fit over saloon windows
• Sprayhood with sun screens (2008)
• Cockpit cover designed with integral bimini (for tropical sailing)and side and rear windows - Cockpit becomes a second saloon with the cockpit cover in place.
• Cream Sunbrella fabric entire sunshades for the boat for use in tropical climates.
• 6/8 berths in three cabins with the interior professionally and beautifully crafted in teak throughout.
• Aft double plus single navigation berth, with lockers and wet hanging locker/ wardrobe.
• Large full chart sized chart table and navigation station with storage for charts under and access to radios, chart-plotter, radar, navtex, and radio.
• CD player with MP3(2012) and speakers in the saloon and cockpit.
• Saloon with pilot berth and occasional double. L shaped settee and saloon table and wardrobe plus lockers.
• Galley is on the starboard side with 4 burner Force 10 cooker and oven with grill; Twin cool boxes – one with refrigeration plates; twin s/s sinks with hot and cold water plus foot pump for filtered drinking water and second foot pump for saltwater on a long voyage; numerous lockers and cupboards throughout the boat
• Frigomatic water cooled refrigerator unit (2011)
• Forecabin with large double berth, lockers wardrobe and ensuite heads and shower.
• Twin heads with Lavac toilets and holding tank (for fore heads)fitted with electric macerator pump
• Separate shower room aft
• Pressurised hot and cold water throughout
• Eberspacher hot air heating with outlets throughout
• Headlining replaced 2011
• LED lighting throughout (2011)
A lovely example that are very rare to the market, makes a superb family long term cruiser.
Disclaimer The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.